INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL FLAMECRETE DIY GRILL ISLAND KITS
When your material arrives make sure to inspect it for any damage while the shipper is there. Please take pictures of any damage. Once you are satisfied with your shipment, break it down in the area where it will be installed.
We recommend that you watch the installation video online.
BECAUSE THESE ARE PRE-CUT DIY GRILL ISLAND KITS YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO CUT ANY PANELS OR TOP PIECES. IF YOU THINK SOMETHING IS WRONG CALL AND MAKE SURE BEFORE YOU CUT.
Exception to the above, will be if you are installing a ceramic grill. Hole for the grill should be cut by you after you purchase the grill.
2. We recommend that you mark out the exact place where your grill island will be installed. Be sure that your layout is square.
3. Using a framing square is preferred but anything with a square corner should work.
4. Once this is done you are ready to start putting your grill island together.
5. Your grill island will be shipped ready to install but you will need to take a stiff broom or brush and make sure all surfaces that the adhesive will make contact with are dust free. If you want your grill island to be permanently attached to the surface that you are installing it on, then use your adhesive on that surface. Then install the panels.
6. The pieces that you receive will be marked and a plan will be sent for you to reference.
7. On the straight, U-shaped and L shaped grill islands your standard panels will be 24” wide x 36” high x 3” thick. For bar height, we will substitute the appropriate number of 36” tall panels with 42” tall panels for bar height.
8. On all grill islands, the front, rear and side panels will be made up by a combination of cut to size panels. EXAMPLE: a 6 ft grill island will have 3 pieces in the front, 3 pieces in the rear and 2 end pieces. We suggest that you start with an end piece first. That will usually be # 1 on your plan. Since the end pieces usually sandwich between the front and rear panels you need to Put 2 continuous beads of adhesive on the end piece that butts up to the front panel which should be # 2. Then put the end piece and the front piece together and push them tight. Then using the screws in your kit, put 3 screws into front panel so that it tightens the two pieces together. Do not over tighten the screws. Be sure to flush up all edges. Now using your plan put the pieces together in numerical order. If you happen to break a piece of material, clean it, apply adhesive to both pieces and put it back together. Push both pieces together and if possible strap them together until dry. Your piece will as good as new. After all your base pieces have been installed, you will be ready to install the rough top. Your rough top will be pre-cut to fit on your grill island. We will cut the top pieces to match any cut-outs needed for grills or accessories that you have requested. You also need to make sure that you have all of your natural gas or propane gas plumbing done. You may now go ahead with the installation of the top piece.
9. Since bar tops and table tops have 12” over hangs at the seating areas, it is necessary to make sure you know where to place them on the grill island before you apply the adhesive.
Apply 2 continuous beads of adhesive on the top of all panels. Then put the top on and even up all four sides. Then take remaining screws and using a equal number in each panel attach the top to the grill island. Don’t over tighten the screws. If you are purchasing all of the gas and propane fixtures from us, you will receive additional instructions. If you purchase these items from someone else make sure that you follow their instructions.
YOU NEED TO CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL BUILDING DEPARTMENT REGARDING CODES FOR THE INSTALLATION OF ANY GAS PRODUCTS. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU CONTACT AND USE A LICENSED OR CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL IN THE INSTALLATION OF ALL GAS PRODUCTS.
Thank you for purchasing you newDIY GRILL ISLAND KITS from FlameCrete.com. If you have any questions regarding the above process we suggest that you review the video regarding the installation process or call us.